The Society's Chaplain is Monsignor Peter J. Vaghi. He is also pastor of the Church of the Little Flower in Bethesda, Maryland, and a priest of the Archdiocese of Washington. Prior to his seminary formation at the Pontifical North American College in Rome and his studies at the Roman Gregorian University, he practiced law for a number of years in Washington, D.C. where he remains a member of the Virginia State Bar and the District of Columbia Bar.
As a part of his ministry to the John Carroll Society, Monsignor Vaghi gives a monthly theological reflection on First and Third Thursdays and has organized and led 20 religious pilgrimages to holy places throughout the world.
He is also the author of Encountering Jesus in Word, Sacraments, and Works of Charity.
His latest book is Meeting God in the Upper Room.
- Read Msgr. Vaghi's latest article on friendship in America Magazine.
- Listen to a discussion of Msgr. Vaghi's book, "Meeting God in the Upper Room" on the radio show "Conversation with Cardinal Dolan."
- Read a review of Msgr. Vaghi's new book, "Meeting God in the Upper Room."
- Listen to an interview of Msgr. Vaghi on the Kyle Heimann Show (Redeemer Radio) regarding his latest book.
- Read an interview of Msgr. Vaghi by Catholic Book Blogger regarding his book, "Encountering Jesus in Word, Sacraments, and Works of Charity.
- Read an interview of Msgr. Vaghi in America Magazine, entitled "Parish Priesthood Today: An Interview with Monsignor Peter Vaghi."
- Listen to an interview of Msgr. Vaghi by Matt Swaim on "The Son Rise Morning Show," where Msgr. Vaghi spoke of the faith and service of his late father, Mr. Joseph P. Vaghi, Jr., on the 70th anniversary of World War II's D-Day.
- Read Msgr. Vaghi's homily from the Year of Faith opening Mass.
- Our own Msgr. Peter J. Vaghi had an article published in the September 2012 issue of the Knights of Columbus magazine, Columbia, entitled "The Year of Faith and Vatican II."
- Msgr. Vaghi wrote the cover story for The Priest Magazine - July 2012, entitled "Benedict XVI: The Theologian Pope."
- Holy Cross College, Msgr. Vaghi's alma mater, conducts an interview with our chaplain.
- James Martin, S.J. (America Magazine) reviews Msgr. Vaghi's book The Sacraments We Celebrate.
- Msgr. Peter J. Vaghi's interview on Canada's Catholic TV show, Perspectives, talking about his new book.
- Virtuous Living (October 4, 2018)
- Friendship: Mutual Love (May 3, 2018)
- The Devout Life: The Virtuous Life (April 5, 2018)
- Holy Mass: The Sun of All Spiritual Exercises (March 1, 2018)
- The Necessity of Prayer (February 1, 2018)
- The Devout Life: New Year Promises for the Baptized (January 4, 2018)
- An Advent Preparation (December 21, 2017)
- Purifying the Soul: Rooting Out Sin and the Affection for Sin (November 2, 2017)
- What is a Devout Life? (October 5, 2017)
- Life with His Mother (May 4, 2017)
- Power of Faith (February 2, 2017)
- Live the Eucharist (January 5, 2017)
- Holiness: Call and Gift (November 3, 2016)
- Friendship with Jesus and Each Other (October 20, 2016)