First and Third Thursday Reflections
Rev. Msgr. Peter J. Vaghi, our Society Chaplain, gives theological reflections on the first and third Thursdays of most months. The talks are free and open to the public.
The themes of the reflections in past years have been:
- 2010-11: "Authentic Lay Spirituality"
- 2011-12: "Encountering Jesus in His Word"
- 2012-13: "Encountering Jesus in Works of Charity" and "Vatican Council II"
- 2013-14: "Catholic Social Teaching"
- 2014-15: "Encountering Jesus in the Sacraments"
- 2015-16: "The Upper Room"
- 2016-17: "Life in Christ"
- 2017-18: "The Devout Life: A Snapshot”
- 2018-19: "The Devout Life: An Ongoing Gift”
- 2019-20: "Back to the Basics of the Faith”
- 2020-21: "The Eternal Word in a COVID-19 World"
The talks happen at the following locations:
- First Thursday at the Church of the Little Flower, Bethesda, MD; 7 am (following the 6:30 am Mass), in the Rectory Meeting Room.
- Third Thursday at Cozen O'Connor (1200 19th St. NW, DC); 12 noon gathering. Lunch is provided.
If you cannot make the talks, podcasts of the reflections are available in the Chaplain's Corner of this website.
Msgr. Peter Vaghi at the 2011 Fall Lecture